Summer Article Roundup
It seems that many of you rather enjoyed the low-carbon Berlin to Lisbon travel adventures, which I shared several weeks back.
So, on that note, here’s a wee summer reading list of some other ‘recently’-published articles of mine.
- Although not so recent, this questions behind this article on the tourism/climate change catch-22 are what led me to travel overland to Portugal.
- The second piece (also) originated back in March at ITB Berlin, the world’s largest tourism industry convention. What would you say if I told you the transition to responsible, environmentally-sustainable tourism in China was being led by none other than a massive golf resort company?
- I spoke to a Dutch cyber-security firm about what December’s massive Ukrainian power utility hack could mean for future attacks in Europe and abroad. A condensed version of the interview can be found on the Technologist website and another, longer article for this magazine is coming soon!
- During a trip to Barcelona earlier in the year, I talked to the founder of a very interesting travel startup — one which seeks to tap into the potential of city tourists to have a positive impact on their destination.
- Coming full circle on climate, I also spoke with Arctic researchers who are seeking to predict what impacts climate change will have on vulnerable Arctic communities, and the financial impacts it will have on all of us.
Enjoy the lazy summer days* while they last** and any feedback on these is greatly appreciated!
*For all of you down there in the southern hemisphere, I obviously meant cosy winter evenings.
** For all of us in Europe, well, the days are lazy when you can’t go outside because of all the rain…